Laboratory Quality Management System (LQMS) Certificate Program
Earn an online Certificate of Achievement in Laboratory Quality Management Systems!
Learn everything you need to know for ensuring
that your laboratory is:
- Meeting accreditation quality requirements
- Running with the highest efficiency and productivity
- Providing the highest quality test results for your patient population
The CLSI Laboratory Quality Management System (LQMS) Certificate Program* is an online distance learning program that imparts the knowledge and skills necessary for successful implementation and sustainment of a quality management system (QMS) in your laboratory. The program consists of 12 modules, each representing one of the 12 quality system essentials (QSEs). Introductory and summary modules are also included, for a total of 14 modules.
*Note that the LQMS Certificate Program is not a certification program. Therefore, you will not receive credentials for taking this course. You will receive a certificate of achievement after passing the course.
The LQMS Certificate program focuses on:
- Providing a systematic process-oriented approach to meeting quality objectives.
- The delivery of consistent, high-quality, cost-effective laboratory services through
implementation of a QMS.
- Developing, implementing, and sustaining relevant policies, processes, and procedures for
each quality system essential. Those essentials are listed below:
||Document and Records
|Facilities and Safety
||Nonconforming Event Management
|Purchasing and Inventory
“This was a very worthwhile course – I learned a lot” – Emma Perrin, Medical Laboratory Scientist, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Queensland, Australia
Online Certificate Program
This online certificate program was prepared by content experts and provides comprehensive coverage of a QMS within a clinical laboratory practice.
- Each online module can be completed in one to two hours and includes a lesson, additional transcript information, case study activities, and a quiz.
- To earn the LQMS certificate of achievement and 13 P.A.C.E.® credits, participants must successfully complete all modules and pass a comprehensive multiple-choice examination by the program end date.
- It is highly recommended that participants purchase the Certificate Program and The Key to Quality™ bundled together, because The Key to Quality is referenced in many of the modules. However, The Key to Quality is not required to complete this program.
- Additionally, CLSI document QMS01-A4 (Formerly GP26-A4)—A Model for Laboratory Services; Approved Guideline—Fourth Edition is referenced and should be part of any organization’s document collection.
- Learn the necessary best practices for a QMS.
- Secure the instruction/training to effectively implement a QMS in your laboratory.
- Meet your professional goals.
- Stay current without incurring travel and lodging costs of face-to-face trainings and meetings.
- Receive documented proof of your achievement in the form of an LQMS Certificate Program certificate.
- Join the network of leaders in the field.
- Leverage your knowledge for new career opportunities and advancements.
- Learn on your own schedule, via 24/7 access on your computer or other Internet-accessible device.
- Earn cost-effective P.A.C.E.® continuing education credits.
- Participate in social media networks set up specifically for Certificate Program graduates.
Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program.
Watch a video tour of the LQMS Certificate Program.