Cost of Quality in the Lab
eLearning Program: Implementing the Cost of Quality in the Laboratory Certificate Program
Do you know how much your laboratory spends on:
- Supporting good quality?
- Resolving problems and errors?
- Preventing poor quality from occurring?
Understanding the answers to these questions is critical to helping your organization improve profitability—and enhance your ability to provide better patient care.
Enroll in the only program that truly implements the steps needed to determine the existing cost of quality in your lab.
Member Price: as low as $120.00Nonmember Price: $400.00
COQ Additional Details
This program provides guidance to a laboratory in understanding and managing the different types of quality costs that affect processes, services, and financial well-being. You will learn how to:
- Describe Critical Quality Cost Concepts. Understand the cost of quality premise and its impact on your work, including:
- The roles of quality costs in a laboratory quality management system.
- The core elements of a philosophy on cost and quality.
- Identifying the Different Types of Quality Costs. Learn the difference between failure, appraisal, and prevention costs and how to:
- Distinguish between budgeted and hidden laboratory quality costs.
- Describe the relationship between the different cost types.
- Calculating Quality Costs for Your Laboratory. Find the data that go into each quality cost calculation and how to:
- Accurately calculate failure costs.
- Apply failure cost to a selected laboratory indicator or nonconforming event.
- Optimize Quality Cost Management. Learn how to promote and manage a cost of quality culture. You will see:
- Results of successful quality cost initiatives from a real-life laboratory case study.
- Applications of the cost of quality that are relevant for laboratories of all sizes, complexities, and specialties.
4.0 P.A.C.E.® continuing education credits will be provided.