Webinars: Abandon the Past and Prepare for the Future: Laboratory Design Updates
Recorded on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015
In recent decades, the workflow, methodologies, and relationships of the laboratory have remained constant. The analyzers changed sizes and processes that were manual became automated, but the overall organization of the laboratory was static. Now, robotics, new technologies, and a reduced workforce have transformed this traditional structure. The merging of departments, the inclusion of automation lines, and the deletion of existing testing can create unrest among staff. A look into the future shows that possibilities abound for a new type of laboratory. Designing a laboratory to address these changes is an exciting challenge.
The new edition of QMS04—Laboratory Design can help answer some of the questions surrounding this task, including:
- How does the design process work?
- What changes can the laboratory expect?
- How should the laboratory incorporate the changes?
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the overall design process.
- Incorporate Lean and flexibility into laboratory design. Recognize the utilities, safety issues, codes, and other aspects affecting the layout of the laboratory.
Member Price: as low as $29.70Nonmember Price: $99.00
Date of Publication: May 6, 2015
QMS04 Webinar Additional Details
Speaker: Karen K. Mortland, RA, MT(ASCP), Mortland Planning & Design, Inc., Chicora, Pennsylvania, USA
Learning Level: Beginner
Each participant for this webinar will receive 1.0 P.A.C.E.® continuing education credit.