Learn About Our Expert Panels
Our voluntary expert panels are led by subject matter experts.
Expert panels are authorized by the CLSI Board of Directors. An expert panel serves as the technical expert body for CLSI standards development activities within a technical area, including developing and endorsing project proposals; recommending document chairholders, vice-chairholders, and roster members; and reviewing and commenting on documents in development, with the purpose of ensuring the technical quality of documents. The expert panels also serve in an advisory capacity to the Consensus Council, advising on new project proposals, document development issues as they arise, and documents ready for final approval for publication.
- Prepares new project proposals and advises the Consensus Council on the technical validity of project proposals submitted by other stakeholders
- Recommends chairholders, vice-chairholders, and rosters for document writing groups within the technical area
- Serves as technical advisors to the Consensus Council for document development issues, as needed
- Serves as technical advisors to document writing groups in their technical areas, as needed
- Reviews and comments on Proposed Draft documents within the technical area
- Serves as technical advisors to the Consensus Council for documents ready for final approval for publication, as needed
- Upholds the CLSI consensus process
- Uses CLSI resources wisely