2017 Call for Nominations
CLSI is seeking candidates for the 2017 Board of Directors election. The election will be held in October, and the polls will be open for 30 days. Candidates will be considered for the following positions:
- President-Elect (two-year term beginning January 1, 2018)
- Two Directors – Professions Constituency (three-year term beginning January 1, 2018)
- Two Directors – Industry Constituency (three-year term beginning January 1, 2018)
See a list of the current CLSI Board of Directors here.
Board Composition and Balance
The Board comprises up to 19 officers and directors and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In order to ensure balance, CLSI's bylaws require that the total number of elected officers and directors from any one constituency (ie, professions, government, and industry) do not exceed by more than one the number of officers and directors from the other two constituencies.
Skills and Expertise
In order to ensure that members of the board as a whole possess the best combination of skills, CLSI employs a Skills Mix Matrix when evaluating nominees. The Skills Mix Matrix is attached here. Please ask your nominee to fill out the form and attach it to the Nomination Form below or have them send it directly to Stephanie Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current Nominating Committee roster can be found here.
Submission of Recommendations
When recommending candidates, CLSI requires that you:
- Determine in advance that the candidate is willing to serve and is from a member organization or is a Full Individual Member;
- Provide the candidate’s curriculum vitae, or arrange for the candidate to forward a CV to the Nominating Committee Chairholder’s attention at the CLSI staff office;
- Obtain an expression of interest statement from the candidate summarizing the candidate's specific talents and experiences that will contribute to the function of the Board of Directors, or arrange for the candidate to forward an expression of interest statement to the CLSI staff office;
- Include the candidate’s Skills Mix Matrix, or arrange for the candidate to submit the Skills Mix Matrix.
You are also welcome to self-nominate. Anyone can nominate an individual; however, the individual must be a CLSI member in good standing. Post your official nomination below.
2017 Nomination Form