QMS05: Qualifying, Selecting, and Evaluating a Referral Laboratory, 3rd Edition
CLSI requests nominations for volunteers to serve as members and contributors on a document development committee for a document revision.
CLSI document QMS05 will provide recommendations for referring laboratories engaged in qualifying, selecting, and evaluating a referral laboratory. The suggested qualifying criteria can be used by referring laboratory staff to gather data and to evaluate and compare candidate referral laboratories. These criteria can be easily adapted as a request for information (RFI) or a request for proposal (RFP) by the referring laboratory. In preparing an RFP, the referring laboratory may elect to omit certain criteria that are not considered essential in the decision making process. This guideline will also make suggestions for how to periodically evaluate referral laboratory services.
This group is looking for volunteers with:
- Experience in qualifying, selecting, and evaluating referral laboratories
- Expertise in developing, implementing, monitoring, and improving quality management systems in the medical laboratory environment
- Knowledge of quality management system requirements
- Experience in medical testing and/or other health care fields, including but not limited to clinicians, administrators with regulatory oversight, quality personnel, laboratory managers, and laboratory testing personnel
- Representation in interested governmental agencies
- Representation in health care–related industries
Additional information on essential job duties and skills and abilities for CLSI committee participants can be viewed here.
Timeline for this project
January 25-26, 2018: First face-to-face meeting (NOTE: This will be a 2-day meeting scheduled during the January Committees Week in Dallas, Texas.)
January 2018 to November 2018: Drafting of document (higher-intensity volunteer time period)
March 2019 to May 2019: Voting period for draft document
June 2019 to October 2019: Revision of draft based on comments received during voting
June 2020: Expected publication date
Due date for submission of required documentation
Please submit nominations and required documentation (see Requirements for Nomination Consideration) on or before September 29, 2017 to email@example.com.