QMS26: Management of Laboratory Records
CLSI requests nominations for volunteers to serve as members and contributors on a document development committee for a new document.
CLSI document QMS26 will present recommendations for managing different types of laboratory records. It will describe concepts for consideration when a record is designed (including forms) that improve ease of use and retrieval of the entered data as well as a process for how laboratory records—generated as a result of performing the laboratory’s quality management system activities—can be managed and retained from the time a record is created or revised, through a specified retention period, until the time it is destroyed.
This group is looking for volunteers with:
- Experience in managing laboratory records
- Expertise in developing, implementing, monitoring, and improving quality management systems in the medical laboratory environment
- Knowledge of quality management system requirements
- Experience in medical testing and/or other health care fields, including but not limited to clinicians, administrators with regulatory oversight, quality personnel, laboratory managers, and laboratory testing personnel
- Representation in interested governmental agencies
- Representation in health care–related industries
Additional information on essential job duties and skills and abilities for CLSI committee participants can be viewed here.
Timeline for this project
January 29-30, 2018: First face-to-face meeting (NOTE: This will be a 2-day meeting scheduled during the January Committees Week in Dallas, Texas.)
January 2018 to November 2018: Drafting of document (higher-intensity volunteer time period)
March 2019 to May 2019: Voting period for draft document
June 2019 to October 2019: Revision of draft based on comments received during voting
June 2020: Expected publication date
Due date for submission of required documentation
Please submit nominations and required documentation (see Requirements for Nomination Consideration) on or before September 29, 2017 to email@example.com.