Collection of Information
CLSI does not collect any personal information from users browsing its website. Nonidentifying data are collected for website use and design purposes. This information does not provide any personally identifying information.
As a general policy, CLSI collects and stores only personal information that is knowingly provided by our members and visitors. The voluntary personal identifying information that CLSI collects is limited to the following: use of the CLSI online store; responding to customer inquiries; contacting members and other users for online surveys; and distribution of communications, including eNews and promotional communications.
In the course of operating CLSI, we will collect and receive the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and receive such information.
To comment or become a Registered User, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, zip code, and Unique Identifiers. If you contact us, you will need to provide your name and e-mail address. Registered Users may also provide identifiable information in the course of using the Website. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.” We do not collect any personal information from Visitors or Registered Users when they use the Website, unless they provide such information voluntarily.
When you wish to purchase a Product, you will be required to provide certain information. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, expiration date, billing address, activation codes, and similar information. Such information is collectively called the “Billing Information.” You authorize CLSI to collect, process, and store your Billing Information.
When Registered Users wish to make a purchase through the Website, they must provide us with certain information about the transaction they are seeking to execute. Such information is collectively called the “Transaction Information.” You also authorize us to share your Transaction Information with any suppliers of such Products so that they can process and ship your order.
In addition to the information noted above, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Website, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Website you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (eg, iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (eg, storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
- From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Website. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website may not function properly.
- For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website.
- From Other Sources. We also may collect or receive information from third parties, such as Facebook and/or other third-party social media sites.
We may retain data, including Personal Data, for as long as necessary to deliver the Products and Services or as needed for other lawful purposes. We may retain anonymized or pseudonymized, aggregated data indefinitely or to the extent permitted under applicable law.
Access to My CLSI on the CLSI website uses limited information that is voluntarily submitted by our members. Similar information is submitted through membership applications, purchase orders, and event and meeting registrations. This information is not shared.
All members of CLSI are listed in the Membership Directory under My CLSI on our website. This networking tool is available only to current members of CLSI. Members can search for colleagues by last name, organization, or country. Search results include first and last name, organization, address, phone, fax, and e-mail.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Website, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by following the instructions found on the Website. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any CLSI marketing email. Registered Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
Subject to applicable data protection laws, customers and users have the following rights with respect to CLSI’s handling of Personal Data:
- Access. The right to access Personal Data held by CLSI.
- Opt-Out. The right to object to certain processing of Personal Data (unless CLSI has overriding compelling grounds to continue processing), including the right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing. We will, however, continue to use Personal Data for the limited purpose of communicating important notices relating to purchases, changes to Products and Services or policies, and other reasons permitted by law.
- Rectification. The right to request correction of Personal Data that is incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated.
- Right to be Forgotten. The right to request erasure of all Personal Data that is incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated within a reasonable period of time. CLSI will do everything possible to erase Personal Data if a user or customer so requests. However, CLSI will not be able to erase all Personal Data if it is technically impossible due to limitations of existing technology or for legal reasons, such as CLSI is mandated by applicable law to retain Personal Data.
- Restriction of Processing. The right to request restriction of processing Personal Data for certain reasons, such as the inaccuracy of Personal Data.
- Data Portability. If requested, CLSI will provide Personal Data in a structured, secure, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. If Personal Data is processed solely based on consent, and not based on any other legal basis, customers can withdraw consent at any time.
- Data Protection Contact. The right to contact the relevant data protection regulator regarding CLSI’s handling of Personal Data.
To exercise any of the above listed rights, e-mail CLSI at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.610.688.0100. CLSI will process requests in accordance with applicable law and within a reasonable period of time.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Transaction Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide our services; to process orders for products and services; to administer our promotional programs; to maintain and improve our Website and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- CLSI will access, use, and share the Information as required to process your orders and provide support to you, including without limitation with suppliers of the Products you purchase through the Website.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, Registered Users, and our products and services, we may analyze Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Information You Share
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute
P. O. Box 334
Malvern, PA 19355
CLSI does not monitor, recognize, or honor any behavioral advertising opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Credit Card Account Information
Credit card information obtained from CLSI’s online store is protected by SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) security, which encrypts personal information. Only pertinent information is shared with the appropriate clearinghouse for the express purpose of completing the transaction. CLSI does not share or sell any information pertaining to online transactions.
How to Contact Us