Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update From CLSI
With a global pandemic underway, CLSI’s mission to “develop clinical and laboratory practices and promote their use worldwide” is more relevant than ever before. CLSI recognizes the important contributions of laboratory professionals and the health care community and applauds their efforts in the global fight against COVID-19.
Meeting Cancellation Notice
CLSI’s in-person September Committees Week has been cancelled. This decision was made to ensure the safety and well-being of our volunteers, members, and staff and the community at large. Leadership and staff are working on options for standards development to continue for committees scheduled to meet in September. These committees will be contacted directly about virtual meeting options.
Added resources relevant to COVID-19 and laboratory standards:
- CLSI Documents Helpful for COVID-19 Testing
This list includes documents that have been identified as helpful for the laboratory community's use during the current pandemic.
- What you need to know from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Resources from the World Health Organization
- Information from the Association of Public Health Laboratories
- Mapping the virus from Johns Hopkins
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources from American Society for Microbiology
- What’s new information and what’s happening now podcast from Infectious Disease Society of America
- COVID-19 Testing Directory from AACC
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Weekly Call Information:
The CDC’s Division of Laboratory Systems is hosting a series of virtual meetings to discuss topics of interest and importance, and to solicit the laboratory community’s questions about the national response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls will take place every Monday at 3:00 PM Eastern (US) Time. Please use the Zoom information below to join the call.
Please join this call using Zoom: https://cdc.zoomgov.com/j/1606392851
Webinar ID: 160 639 2851
Thank you again for all of the important work you do for the laboratory community.