CLSI is seeking candidates for the 2023 Board of Directors and Officers election. Anyone can nominate an individual, but the individual must be from a member organization or a Full Individual Member. The election will be held on or about October 5 - November 15, 2023. Candidates will be considered for the following positions:
• 1 Officer – President-Elect (2-year term beginning January 1, 2024)
• 1 Officer – Secretary (2-year term beginning January 1, 2024)
• 1 Director – Professions Constituency (3-year term beginning January 1, 2024)
• 1 Director – Industry Constituency (3-year term beginning January 1, 2024)
• 1 Director – Government Constituency (3-year term beginning January 1, 2024)
See a list of the current CLSI Board of Directors here.
BOARD COMPOSITION AND BALANCE
The Board is comprised of up to 14 officers and directors plus the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In order to ensure balance, CLSI's Bylaws require that the total number of elected officers and directors from any one constituency (i.e., professions, government, and industry) not exceed by more than one the number of officers and directors from the other two constituencies.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
CLSI employs a Skills Mix Matrix when evaluating nominees in order to get the most effective skillsets on the Board. No one candidate is expected to possess them all. The Skills Mix Matrix is attached here. Please ask your nominee to fill out the Skills Mix Matrix and attach it below.
The current Nominating Committee Roster can be found here.
SUBMISSION OF RECOMMENDATIONS
In recommending candidates, minimum requirements are that you:
- determine in advance that the candidate is willing to serve and is from a member organization or is a Full Individual Member;
- provide the candidate’s curriculum vitae, or arrange for the candidate to forward a CV to the Nominating Committee Chairholder’s attention at the CLSI staff office;
- obtain an Expression of Interest statement from the candidate summarizing the candidate's specific talents and experiences that will contribute to the function of the Board of Directors, or arrange for the candidate to forward an Expression of Interest statement to the CLSI staff office;
- include the candidate’s Skills Mix Matrix, or arrange for the candidate to submit the Skills Mix Matrix.
You are also welcomed to self-nominate.
Post your official nomination below.
Thank you for your nomination!